Monday, June 9, 2008

Scout Day Camp






Dominick is officially in scouts now that he is eight years old. He is estatic about the idea of getting to go to a pack meeting and receive awards! His first experience with scouts was not a den meeting, nor a pack meeting, rather three days of FUN, FUN, FUN at Day Camp. This is a paradise for young boys. Dirt, water, mud, swimming, slingshots, snakes, scorpions, lizards, a leather press, sports and games, BB Guns, Archery, and finally water balloon fights. He was literally exhausted each night when then returned home, but he was ready to go again and again. We were lucky this year that the temperature has only been in the low 100's. The camp does a great job of keeping the scouts (and leaders) cooled off with activities all day long that involved water. Dominick's favorite activity was archery.

2 comments:

rubyroberds said...

Hey Nick that is awesome, what a great event to go to. Im glad that you had such a positive experience. Keep me informed of all the things that you are learning. I love you, Grandma..

Becky said...

Okay...I must be going crazy! I read this post, the next time I came, it was gone. Now it's back. I think I need a nap!

Oh! So fun for camp. Tim has his first one tomorrow. He's so excited!