Monday, September 29, 2008

Here Lies Oreo

Last week poor litte Oreo became the victim of Boomer. He managed to knock the little guys's cage off the shelf which caused it to brake open and allowed Boomer to bite the little guy. Dominick was devestated when he came back in from the backyard to find the mess and a dead Oreo. While cleaning up the mess Brian found a note on a 3x5 card that Dominick and written for Oreo earlier and placed by this cage. We thought it would be fitting words for his headstone. (Because you never be mean to me, and I love you so much. Love Dominick)
Later that evening Oreo was replaced with Chocolate. A brown, active, female gerbil. This one never gets off the wheel. She just runs and runs and runs and runs.





8 comments:

Fame said...

bless both their hearts. Rest in peace Oreo. :)

Wendy sue said...

OH how sad! But whatever happened to the no more animals???? Work with me sister.

Melisa said...

Oh that is so sad! Poor Poor Oreo.

I feel the same, I am just waiting for the day I head back to Arizona and my life returns to normal. I miss you more then you even know!!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sad! That was the most tender thing ever.

Has Nick talked to your dad about his little dog...Skeeter? I think. The neighbor did him him, so say. Maybe they could sympathize together. :)

I guess Skeeter used to jump up in the cab and ride around with Pop in the truck. They buried Skeeter in a pet cemetery but Grandma can't remember where it is. :)

Becky said...

Oh my word...Can I type?! I think I was trying to say...

The neighbor did him IN, so SAD.

Mercy sakes. Apparently I am too distraught to type.

rubyroberds said...

I thought I would share this story with you Nick. This is about your Uncle Russell and he was about your age, we had gotten him 2 hampsters and we put them in the same cage. Within about 2 weeks we awoke one morning and one of the hampsters was missing. The boy hampster had eaten the smaller girl hampster...so it was a tragic time for your Uncle Russ...we love you.

Becky said...

ARGH!!!! I never heard about that! YUCKO!!

The Gooch Family said...

This is so sad. Best of luck with Chocolate. What a sweet note from Nick.