Saturday, March 7, 2009

Riley's Publication

Riley's 6th grade class published a book for each student of some of their poems and stories. I thought it would be fun to post Riley's entries. She loves to write, has a gift for poetry (something I do not have) and has some funny takes on certain life situations. Enjoy!

What I Found In My Locker

My old John Adams report,
the blue prints from our big green fort.
A big old pumpkin pie,
my dog saying, "I thing I'm going to die!"
A stray cat sound asleep,
cuddled with my stuffed purple sheep.
My old cell phone,
and a big ice cream cone.
My mom's welcome mat,
also my brother's baseball cap.
And one more thing I must confess,
a note from the teacher saying:
CLEAN UP THIS MESS!!!!

If I Try...

If I try...
I can become a famous violinist.
Anything is possible.

If I try...
I will become a teacher.
Anything is possible.

If I try...
I can change my math grade from a B to an A.
Anything is possible.

If I try...
I can make the world a better place.
Anything is possible.

If I try...
I can become an author.
Anything is possible.

The Perfect Dog

There are many things that can happen from owning a dog. There are many advantages and disadvantages, and some are both good and bad. But I think that if a dog is good or bad it will still be the perfect one.

One great thing about owning a dog is they always keep you company. If you are home alone you always have someone to play with. When I am sick, my dog will stay with me in bed. And if no one is allowed to play the I always play with him. He can always show me that he loves me by just being my friend.

The thing that gets on my nerves is that my dog has to go to the bathroom twenty-four seven! When my whole family got tired of constantly opening the door all day, my dad finally installed a doggy door. I was surprised that he wasn't afraid to go through it because he is actually a scardy cat.

Giving a dog a bath can be both good and bad. Sometimes they won't want to take one then they jump out and get water everywhere. But on the other hand they will smell better and feel healthier.

There are good and bad things to owning a dog, but I would rather own one than not to. And all of the good things help me forget the bad things. Although owning a dog is a lot of work it is still a lot of fun.

Water Walkers

My new water walkers help you have fun in the summer. They give you the opportunity to finally walk on water. Now there is no falling into the water trying to get a ball out of pool or just falling in by trying to walk on the water. You can show off at the swim park and be the one that is cool in the pool.

Pappa

"Wait a little while and the fruit will fall into your hand". Now when we need him the most he isn't here. "My..my pappa is dead". His roses have known him since they were planted. And the doll he gave me was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. And since I don't play with it I passed it on to Isabelle. "Thank you pappa".

Greenway Forest

It was a hot summer day as I walked along Greenway Forest. I could see the sunlight shining through the trees. It seemed like a wonderful name for the forest because everything in it was green. I wanted to be alone so I could thing about the thoughts spinning in my head. I sat down and leaned up against a tree. I almost fell asleep as I listened to the soothing sounds of the forest.

Then I heard a sound that made the hairs on my neck stand straight up. It was coming from a bush just a few feet away! I couldn't figure out what it was. As first, I thought it was a deer then I thought of a hunting dog!

Then it leaped out of the bush! I screamed! Next I realized it was a fat brown porcupine chewing on a piece of bark. In about one minute he dashed back in the the bushes. I was alone again left to enjoy myself.

I Am

I am a violinist,
I wonder if I will play in a fancy restaurant.
I hear the loud cheering and clapping.
I see thousands of notes on my stand.
I want my music to be heard.
I am a violinist!

I pretend no one is watching.
I feel the smooth strokes on my violin.
I touch the hard metal strings.
I worry I will mess up.
I cry tears of joy as I hear them calling my name.
I am a violinist!

I understand the big long notes.
I say the notes aloud as I practice.
I dream of the joyful moment of our concert.
I try and practice as hard as I can.
I am a violinist!

The Black Out

One night when Nick and I were watching TV on a rainy night. The power just suddenly went out! It was pitch black and I was terrified. We screamed, my mom dashed into the room and got a flashlight. We read some books and pretty shortly the lights came back on. It seemed like the room was a bright as the sun. I got ready for bed and shortly fell asleep.

2 comments:

Fame said...

how fun to read those! great skills! my principal just got us all dog tags that say "i do the write thing." so fun!

rubyroberds said...

Riley, You are absolutely incredible..I love to read your writings..how fun are these...Keep up the good work cutie...Love you, Grandma Ruby