Monday, December 7, 2009
New Moon Mania
I purchased our New Moon tickets back in September. I secured our seats for the Saturday afternoon showing and Riley and I were WAY excited. We bought shirts for the big day. Mine said, "I like books with a little BITE" and hers said, "Sorry Edward my heart belongs to Captain Sparrow." We patiently waited for the day to arrive when the movie would finally be out! And we were content. About 2 weeks before the opening night I get a call from my good friend Amanda. She wants to know if I am interested in purchasing tickets for her step sons DECA fundraiser. It is for tickets to see New Moon at 7:30pm the day before it's official release. Well, as you can probably guess I snatched those 4 tickets right up, never mind the fact that I had already purchased regular movie tickets, I simply had to have premiere tickets no matter what the cost. As we were pondering which two friends of Riley's would get to go with us, Brian and Nick informed us that they wanted to see the movie. So we went as a family to the premiere, walking right past the midnight showing line that wrapped all the way around the theater, into the building, and sat right down. We loved the movie and it felt so much better to finally get to see it....the anticipation was drowning me! We then walked back by the midnight showing line and went home to bed before 10:oo! Of course, Riley and I then went again on Saturday with all of her friends and their moms. One of my good friends Stephanie joined us for this showing after agreeing to forgive me for not taking her to the premiere instead of my husband.
Stephanie and I waitn' for the movie to start
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAH! I've been waiting for this post. I had hoped you had an awesome time but premiere?! Way to go -
haha- you're such a fun mom- and i love what riley's shirt said! that's funny.
Post a Comment