Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dominick's First Spelling Bee

Dominick came home from school a few weeks ago and said that he had won the class spelling bee and would be representing his class in the school spelling bee. Now, this came as a bit of a shock to me because in no way shape or form did I ever expect this from him. Although, looking back on it now he does do very well on his spelling tests and rarely misses a word.
They did a practice round and Dominicks word was STUDY. He spelled that word with much ease. Whew! Onto the actual spelling bee. Dominick was #12 and it was his finally his turn. His word was warrior! I quickly say to myself....no problem he sees this word often on his video and computer games. Dominick says the word, warrior, and then begins to spell..... W A R R I O a slight bit of hesitation and then U R. U R??????? What......I am stunned....and he is out in the first round!
When I talked with him afterwords, he knew he had spelled the word wrong as soon as he said the letters, but he just got nervous! I am so proud of him and the fact that he stood up in front of the school and participated. Maybe next year:)

No comments: