Thursday, February 24, 2011
Rocket Season - Alpha Launch
It's ROCKET time in science at the Jr. High School. This is the first of several different launches that the students will be required to do. With this launch they were suppose to get a feel for how to build a rocket and see how high they could get it to go. After Riley completed the building of her rocket she decided that it reminded her of a giraffe so she designed and named her rocket, The Giraffe. The science teachers at Gilbert Jr. have a gift for making science fun, educational, and informative. The teachers are as excited about the projects as the students! Riley's rocket was one of the last ones to go. And I must say I believe hers went the highest and the straightest up in the air. I joked with her a said I think your rocket actually left the earth's atmosphere. It was way cool. I apologized a head of time for the video clip...I forgot to hold my camera the correct way so the video is side ways. Can't just rotate it! So you will have to tilt your head or tilt your laptop.
A close up of The Giraffe
Riley with The Giraffe before school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This post made me cry and laugh all at the same time. Cry because RILEY!!!!! You are growing up so fast and are so BEAUTIFUL! You are an amazing girl and I love you so much. LAUGH because of that video! DUDE....where did it go? LOL....wish I could come see you guys:(
lol so much cooler than mentos and diet coke :)
Post a Comment