Monday, March 10, 2008

Riley's 5th Grade project




We completed Riley's school project this evening. In 5th grade they study the presidents. Riley chose the 2nd President of the United States, John Adams. The past couple of months have been dedicated to researching and studying John Adams and his presidency. A time line, portraits, 3 sided display board, 5 page report on the president and a 3 page report on the first lady, were all part of the learning experience. Riley had to also stand in front of the class dressed as the first lady to deliver a 3 minute speech about John Adams. I found this cute little number at the local Goodwill and after a few adjustments and the addition of a mop cap, choker necklace, and shawl she was ready to deliver. We had a lot of fun researching the life of John Adams.


I will not attach her 5 page report, but I will list a few little know facts about President John Adams.

John Adams and his family were the first family to live in the White House. They moved in before it was completed in November. He did not win re-election and they move out in January.

John Adams son, John Quincy, was the only son to become president after his father all the way up until the Bush family.

John Adams was the only president to not be present for the inauguration of the next president. Which was Thomas Jefferson

John and Abigail had 6 children. Susanna died when she was 1 and Elizabeth died at birth.

4 comments:

The Gooch Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gooch Family said...

Let's try that again. I said the kids school projects look great. Tell them they get an A from me. Not that I am their teacher but my sister and brother are teachers and my other sister homeschools...that's gotta count for something, right?

Becky said...

Wahoo! I love it. Great job Riley, I mean, Abigail.

I hope she had fun doing her project. It looks awesome.

rubyroberds said...

That was awesome Riley. I loved your costume. You looked absolutely darling as always. I hope that your teacher loved it. Keep up the good work...Love you...Grandma