As a side note to yesterday's post on the first day of school....my poor daughter had a total meltdown/"hit the wall" kind of night about 9:30p.m. After holding it together and trying to act cool the big alligator tears fell at 9:30 while she lay in bed. In addition to an emotional, stressful, crazy day at school I think she was physically exhausted. She climbed into bed around 8:30 and when I went in to check on her at 9:30 she started to talk as the tears flowed. "Jr. High is going to be too hard"..... "There is going to be too much homework"..... "Some of the teachers are so mean"...."What if I get 9th Hour (detention) because I couldn't finish my work the night before?"...."I just want to sleep in."
My heart was breaking inside as she talked. Mostly because I knew exactly how she felt right at that moment. I hated Jr. High and there were many days that I would cry and dred going to that place.
After much encouragement and what I hope was helpful advice, she calmed down and slept. It will be one day at a time around here for awhile, but we will make it through. Please keep Riley in your thoughts and prayers this week while she struggles to make this transition:)
5 comments:
Oh make me sad!!!! I have a feeling Emma will be this way so i'll be calling you for help! Let Riley know we love her!
I hated Jr. High, too. What is it about that place?
We are praying for Riley. She has so much going for her...like a great mom and dad...she'll pull through.
*sigh* :) meltdown #1 complete. it will get easier, I promise. The first day is hard and they aren't used to bunches of different teachers who don't know their name and don't let them make name cards. Make her go though- it'll help.
from the mean teacher :)
Oh! Bless her heart! Jr. High is terrible, isn't it? We'll be thinking of her.
Okay...so we need to know...it's a month later...how's it going?! :)
Post a Comment